Burn Fat Whilst You Sleep

Some people may think that losing weight is mainly about Diet and Exercise which about 70% of it is, but the other 30% is a very important factor in losing weight and keeping your metabolism high which is sleep. On average, a person should get up to 8 hours of sleep every night to keep their mind and body at a optimal state but about 30% of us are not getting the required sleep that we desperately need.

One of the main reasons why it is important to get a lot of sleep is because sleep reduces the effects of a hormone called ghlerin which is the hormone that gives us those hunger cravings that we experience when we are hungry and in a recent study, it showed that people who do not get enough sleep actually have higher levels of this hormone and are therefore more likely to put on weight then to lose weight.

If you don’t get enough sleep in the long run, it is shown that this burns fewer calories and is another contributing factor to weight gain which is why there is an increase in the amount of obese people and diseases such as Type 2 Diabetes.

Leave A Comment